The Scottish Hilal Forum (SHF) announces Ramadan and Eid Start dates for 2017, under the supervision of Ulama and in line with agreed Islamic criteria and including data from Her Majesty’s Nautical Almanac Office (British Observatory).
Based on this agreed criteria, Insha Allah:
The first day of Ramadan 2017/1438 AH will be on Saturday 27th of May,
Eid ul-fitr will be on Sunday the 25th of June 2017/1438AH.
The Muslim community in Scotland has faced confusion for many years regarding the starting of Ramadan and Eid, resulted in severe difficulties for students, employees and the self-employed who could not take time off from work or from educational institutions due to the wait for last minute confirmation of Eid day.
SHF, by Ulama agreeing Islamic and Scientific criteria, has been able to announce the required dates ahead of time, allowing the community to plan ahead while keeping united.
Following mosques and centers are agreed with the Scottish Hilal Forum’s criteria.
1. Minhaj ul Qur’an International – Glasgow
2. Al-Furqan Mosque – UKIM – Glasgow
3. Jamia Islamia – Tantallon Road – Glasgow
4. Zia-ul-Qur’an – Glasgow
5. Iqra Learning Centre (ILC) – Glasgow
6. Hamilton Islamic Centre – Hamilton – South Lanarakshire
7. Airdrie Islamic Centre – Airdrie – North Lanarakshire
8. Coatbridge Islamic Centre – Coatbridge – North Lanarakshire
9. Dar-ul-Qur’an – Renfrew
10. Muslim Association of Britian (MAB) – Glasgow
11. Somali Muslim Community (SMC) – Glasgow
12. Salahuddin Mosque and Islamic Centre